Phantom Menace Minute 40: Seeing Threepio
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 40)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 15th, 2016
Anakin shows off his android, which is lying on his workbench.
- Starts with Anakin stuffing Threepio's eye back into its socket, and ends with Obi-Wan telling "the Queen" not to send any transmissions.
- Direct quote (x2): "I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations".
- R2 says his own name.
- Another direct quote: "This floor is not entirely stable".
- Padmé is supposed to be 14, Anakin is supposed to be 9.
- Having C-3PO in this movie feels like fan service.
- Threepio and Artoo as the only characters that appear in every movie.
- Anthony Daniels isn't in the suit here (it's a puppet on sticks). Does he hate not being in the suit, or love it?
- Wearing the suit sucks, but he would rather it was him than somebody else.
- Ring theory: Salacious Crumb pulls out C-3PO's eye in ROTJ, and now Anakin is putting it back in.
- Less exciting choices for pushing characters together. The main problem is in the execution.
- 17:46 podcast episode length.
- Ad-read: starwarsminute.com/amazon
- Natalie Portman was 17 when this movie came out (May 1999), whereas Jake Lloyd was 10.
- The stand-in for Chewbacca in Episode VII was Joonas Suotamo.
- Pete: We analyze, scrutinize, and reattach-C-3PO's-eyes...
- Pete: There's a C-3PO right there!
- Alex: C-3PO in DA HOUUUUUSE!