Phantom Menace Minute 65: Belting the Loop
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 65)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 19th, 2016
The crowd stands and yells as the Podracers scream off into the distance. Qui-Gon and Padmé look worried.
- Mars Guo (the Phuii from Phu) is the second practical (puppet) racer
- He survives the crash somehow
- Further attempts to come up with names for SWM fans
- Discussion of what kind of mischief is legal during a race
- Tension doesn't really build - race feels like low stakes
- Anakin's magnetic stick is the only alteration for 3D release
- In-depth analysis of canon and SWM-Canon
- Did Luke ever attend a pod race?
- Mentioned: SEBULBA!!, Hong Kong Phooey
- 28:29 podcast episode length.
- The question was asked if Luke had ever attended the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace. According to Wookieepedia, the race took place at an arena near Mos Espa. Mos Espa was 154 km (96 miles) by T-16, or 213 km (132 miles) by X-34 landspeeder from the Lars homestead. Although this might seem a bit far, Mos Espa is practically next door to Beggar's Canyon (see map above), so it's possible that Luke could have been in the neighborhood some Boonta Eve.
- Asterios: You'd love that wouldn't you? To get home to your families? Well that's not going to happen when I'm around!
- Alex: Hey I live over by... Pete: —the smoldering remains of my adoptive parents.
- Asterios: However you get to it, there's a horse flying a spaceship and it's great.
- Pete: Help us get some more holes.