Phantom Menace Minute 82: Finis
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 82)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 15th, 2016
The sleek Naboo spacecraft lands on the platform high above the street level of the galactic capital.
- Starts with the gang meeting "Chancellor Zod" out on the platform
- Ends with Qui-guy telling the chancellor that the situation has become more complicated.
- We see Republic Guards for the first time.
- Brief discussion of the number 327.
- The hosts like to see the evolution of Republic Guards into the Emperor's Royal Guards.
- Chris thinks the whole thing is garbage and a mistake.
- Coruscant is too clean and polished to be in the used universe of Star Wars.
- BUT, this is the "President's landing platform", which means it should be even shinier.
- Terence Stamp (Valorum) is the highest-ranking Superman II crossover to date.
- Compared to, say, Gold Leader.
- He was totally underused in this film, but then taking big actors and wasting them in tiny roles is kind of a Star Wars thing.
- Referenced: Star Trek: Generations.
- Palpatine || Trump.
- "Sorbet" is still standing in for Padmé.
- Finis (Valorum), Sheev (Palpatine), and Wilhuff (Tarkin) were probably roommates and part of a secret society like the Skull and Bones at Yale. They probably went on secret retreats for movers and shakers.
- Scene is shot from Anakin's POV. Was this intentional?
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/amazon
- 25:57 podcast episode length.
- The Russian equivalent of US Navy Seals is the Spetsnaz.
- It's interesting that the Resistance/Rebel Alliance have become something of a symbol of the resistance to the Trump administration.
- Chris has two positive things about these movies. The first is Ewan McGregor. He will reveal the second thing on Thursday.
- Chris: What do you think is the Naboo national anthem? Alex: <snores loudly>.
- Chris: Terence Stamp is NO MAN’S PATSY!
- Pete: We'll be Tarkin' about it tomorrow, so we Wilhuff addressed it then.