Jedi Minute 31: Sleeping Beauty
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 16th, 2015
The Sail Barge stops to one side of the depression, as does the escort skiff. But the prisoner’s skiff moves out directly over the center and hovers.
- Starts with a vile Jabba telling Leia that soon she will appreciate him.
- Ends with C-3PO saying that Jabba will now listen to your pleas before you are thrown into the Sarlacc pit.
- First sighting of the mighty Sarlacc.
- Jabba has a goblet in one hand; how does he drink from a cup with that huge mouth?
- Does Jabba actually lick Leia's face or any other character?
- R2-D2 as "The Waiter". C-3PO is not surprised to see him in this role.
- R2-D2 is too low to be a drinks waiter. People must be bumping into him all the time. Although he is the perfect height to put drinks on to and he glides along nicely.
- C-3PO bumping into R2-D2 is like that awkward moment when you meet an old friend at their service job. R2-D2 is a professional at all times.
- There are aliens doing a shuffling dance in the background. The DJ is playing some old space hits from the 80s. The whole scene has an 80s feel.
- Dance remixes of Star Wars music IRL.
- One of the aliens is a Snivvian (the same race as Snaggletooth) called Geezum. Snivvians are the only race other than humans and Wookiees to appear in all three Original Trilogy movies.
- The Snivvian in The Empire Strikes Back is named Wiorkettle (note: see below). Wiorkettle is in the background of a scene on Cloud City and is an interior designer.
- C-3PO still refers to Luke as "Master". Isn't C-3PO owned by Jabba at the moment?
- C-3PO is a total patsy in the plan as no-one trusted him with the details.
- Why is C-3PO even there? R2-D2 may owe C-3PO a life debt, or C-3PO is a ghost droid haunting R2-D2 and all the other characters.
- The quality of this movie drops after the Jabba sequence ends.
- Mentioned: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
- Star Wars in the forest doesn't really work. There's not enough for the characters to do there.
- Sand skiffs are really cool. There's one skiff driver that is just doing laps around the Sail Barge.
- The Sarlaac is weird, gross and super fake - but it does generate good reaction shots from our heroes.
- Being painfully digested over 1,000 years does not make much sense.
- Where do Sarlaccs get food from normally?
- The size of Sarlaccs and how they attract prey by emitting scents into the air.
- Horrific things and characters in the Star Wars universe.
- It's weird for a skiff in a desert to have a plank. It must just be for the Sarlacc - unless it's for extreme sports or Jabba has a pool back at the palace.
- Jabba's family.
- C-3PO uses a microphone and sound system on the Sail Barge.
- A Special Edition change to the Sarlacc - added a beak. Ways they could have made the Sarlacc even more scary and horrifying.
- Mentioned: Sleeping Beauty references in Return of the Jedi.
- Aliens Weequay (race) and Barada (character) are seen in the background. They are fairly unimaginative characters and have strange EU back-stories.
- Mentioned: Moby Dick.
- How Max Rebo plays piano.
- Bib Fortuna is on a different wavelength to everyone else - he is just creepily staring off into the desert.
- Mentioned: Count Dracula.
- Support the Show.
- 25:03 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Promotion for podcast Alphabeatical (Pick of the Week) and starwarsminute.com/audible.
- The entire Flop House crew joins the podcast (all together for the first time.
- This weeks minutes are the first (and only) regular season episodes with three-guests at a time.
- Barada will come up again.
- According to Wookieepedia, although the character is male, Wiorkettle was played by a woman in the film.
- Pete: Don't gonk the waiter.
- Alex: I smell a pretty lady, let's look in that hole, there's probably something in there!
- Eliott: A chubby Cenobite wearing shorts.
- Alex: A lot more Sarlacc and skiff action.