Attack of the Clones Minute 21: One-Minute Car Crash
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 21)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 12th, 2016
Just as the dragster is about to nose dive into the ground, Zam pulls it out, and it slides hard on the pavement in a shower of sparks. Anakin goes flying into the street.
- Glimpse of Zam's true face.
- Callback to minute 9, and the line "My goodness you've grown.
- Why does Zam's face change in this minute? Is it a break in her concentration?
- Pete's theory is that she has body image issues, and is forced by society to change her face, so no one sees the real her.
- What is Anakin actually trying to do with his lightsaber?
- Anakin and Obi-Wan both showing off to impress the attractive (appearing) female Zam.
- Human bias favors a pretty face.
- Yet another reference to "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.
- The fire started by Zam's blaster is quite gentle (bordering on romantic) and very unlike the exploding consoles in Star Trek.
- Blaster sounds are taken from TIE fighters?
- Are there other fires started by blasters in Star Wars? See below.
- Droid extra features and upgrades.
- Discussion of Obi-Wan's skill in lightsaber-catching. Is he using the Force?
- Mentioned: Yarael Poof
- Referenced: Staring at the French horn.
- Amazingly, the Mongo Beefhead Tribesman is a thing.
- Why do the alien costumes in the prequels fail to recapture the look of aliens in the Original Trilogy?
- There is a marked difference between Anakin's and the Speeder's impact speeds.
- It's a bad time for Coruscant fashion.
- Easter Eggs in Star Wars movies.
- Shoutout(?) to Ben Burtt
- 31:08 podcast episode length.
- SWMLS member Hunter pointed out that in ROTJ, an AT-ST sets a fire using its blaster.
- Speaking of Easter Eggs, here's a link to a video which shows the X-Wing and TIE fighters that Steele mentioned.
- Zam Wesell is a Clawdite. They are a species of shapeshifting reptilian humanoids evolved from reptomammals, according to Wookieepedia. The reptile face we see in this minute is in fact her true form.
- Pete and Alex appeared on episode 26 of Steele's podcast STEELE WARS.
- Alex: Zam Wesell's vessel.
- Pete: When Jar Jar Binks gives you a look... It's like gasoline to the fire of disturbance.
- Steele: It's Jedi hitchhiking at its very worst.
- Steele: Does Greedo count? Pete: Always.
- Pete: Calamari with a problem.
- Steele: <to Alex> Spoken with the arrogance of someone who's never made pie.
- Pete: Give me four dozen cantina aliens, twenty Greedos— Steele: And a large latte.
- Steele: I'm a very disappointed Genie right now.