Attack of the Clones Minute 74: Kitchen Table Drama
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 74)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 22nd, 2017
CLIEGG, OWEN, PADME and ANAKIN sit around the table, BERU brings the drinks from the kitchen.
- Starts with Cliegg telling the story of Shmi's abduction, and ends with Cliegg telling Anakin to accept the fact that she is dead.
- Back in an iconic set.
- Cliegg is the first Star Wars character amputee without a prosthetic.
- Cut line:
I can feel her pain, and I will
find her. I know she's alive
- Trying to recreate the set dressing from Star Wars, they had to rely on a scant few photos and Lucas' and Daniels' spotty memories.
- "Vicious, mindless monsters". Mentioned: Ska.
- Mentioned: The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- Cliegg is kind of a jerk for going through the whole story and making the punchline "oh and she's probably dead".
- Does Luke know what happened to Shmi? He probably got the "Cliegg version" from Uncle Owen.
- Why Cliegg really didn't go back for Shmi/how he really lost his leg.
- Yet again the story takes a dark turn.
- Referenced: That's what Shmi said.
- Maybe Owen bears ill will toward the Skywalker family because of what happened to his father.
- Does Owen find out that Anakin is Darth Vader? Did Obi-Wan tell him?
- A potential Obi-Wan prequel.
- Hayden Christiansen's abilities as an actor.
- Shameless plug for http://stawarsminute.com/amazon
- 22:26 podcast episode length.
- According to Wookieepedia, the H-type Nubian yacht is unarmed.
- The name "Cliegg" was in drafts of the original Star Wars as early as 1974, and is from Lucas' Bucket o' Names.
- Meredith saw Jumper!
- Alex: <great Tusken Raider impression>
- Alex: <pretty bad Ray Romano impression>
- Alex: Uggh I don't like Sand Day!
- Alex: (as a crusty-voiced Cliegg) I got moisture to harvest. I can't be wandering around the desert all night—Meredith: (also as Cliegg) looking for my slave wife.
- Alex: Cliegg dies from his leg injury, and like Skywalker spouses everywhere, a broken heart.
- Meredith: ...I don't want Qui-Gon. I don't need Qui-Gon.
- Meredith: Congrats, man. You got that ten seconds right.
- Jumper (2008) on Amazon