Attack of the Clones Minute 87: Amazing Grace
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 87)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 14th, 2017
There is silence for a moment, then ANAKIN breaks down, sobbing. PADMÉ takes him into her arms.
- Starts with Padmé comforting Ani in the Lars family garage, and ends with the family standing around sadly at the funeral of Shmi.
- "To be angry is to be human".
- First time a character cries (episode number order).
- There are three graves. One is smaller than the others.
- Much of the farm had to be recreated digitally.
- Referenced: "All Star" by Smash Mouth.
- Padmé is encouraging Anakin to embrace his anger, and the Emperor's theme cuts back in. Possible manipulation by Sheev?
- +1 to John Williams and Ben Burtt.
- Anakin is trying to convince himself that he's a Jedi and that means certain things.
- The disconnect between concept and execution.
- Who knows about Anakin killing the Ghorfas and the whole 'Shmi' thing? Did he ever tell Obi-Wan?
- Characters crying in Star Wars. Mentioned: Malakili.
- Who the gravestones belong to:
- Cliegg's first wife (Aika).
- Theory: marker representing Owen's brother who went off to join the Jedi (who they'd never see again because attachments are forbidden and who they decided to act as if he had died).
- In the novelization of Star Wars it mentions that Owen is Obi-Wan's brother.
- All the coincidences in the Star Wars universe.
- The Jedi brainwashing their initiates to make them forget their attachments. Referenced: the trolls from Frozen making Anna forget that her sister has magical powers.
- C-3PO as the "angel of death". He's the only droid at the funeral. And nobody else is there besides the immediate family.
- Time-traveling Native Tatooiners (TTNTs) sent to kill Anakin.
- The funerary customs are more or less familiar to us. Sci-fi tropes of being just like something from Earth.
- Mentioned: Moisture Vaporators.
- Join the Star Wars Minute Listener's Society and the Patreon .
- 28:51 podcast episode length.
- Pi(e) day!
- Thanks to the Complete Wermo's guide to Huttese for the Basic-Huttese dictionary!
- Not all of the words have direct translations in Huttese, at least not in canon, but we did the best we could.
- Alex: (as pirate-voiced Cliegg) As soon as I heard her name was 'Shmi' I was "Shmitten".
- Pete: [you] need some rock trolls up in this piece.