Jedi Minute 114: Do You Validate?
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 114)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 11th, 2015
Luke looks at his father's mechanical hand, then to his own mechanical, black-gloved hand, and realizes how much he is becoming like his father.
- Starts with the Emperor telling Luke to fulfill his destiny and ends with the explosion of the radar dish (that has other smaller radar dishes on it).
- We skip right to discussing the bunker explosion.
- Referenced: Nuking the fridge.
- The Emperor's job offer.
- Where do the lightsabers go when they are dropped/discarded? How and when does Luke retrieve his?
- Referenced: "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
- More heavy-HANDed symbolism.
- How the Emperor is referred to when people speak to him.
- Referenced: deleted Jerjerrod scene.
- The Emperor appears super confused that Luke didn't accept the apprenticeship.
- What if he just let Luke go?
- Has the Emperor been trying to replace Vader this whole time?
- What happens if Luke had died?
- Has Vader lost any more limbs since the Prequels? The evolution of his suit (or lack thereof).
- Mentioned: Return to Oz, Terminator.
- Meredith rates Leia's costumes for this movie.
- Sequel to her rankings of Leia's costumes in Empire Minute.
- We don't care for the Slave Leia outfit.
- Will we ever see this situation with the genders reversed? Mentioned: Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Support the Show and all that good stuff.
- 20:45 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call in response to Jedi Minute 105: Insular Dwarfism. Mentioned: Insular gigantism.
- Notably, Luke will toss away a lightsaber again in The Last Jedi.
- When Luke is dragging Vader into the hangar bay later in the movie, he does not appear to have his lightsaber.
- Ben Burtt was not involved with Mad Max: Fury Road. The sound designer was Mark Mangini.
- Pete: I just need it all to make sense. Alex: That's what we're here for; if it doesn't make sense we're wasting our lives.
- Everybody: *all sorts of robot noises*.