Jedi Minute 115: Darth Darth
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 115)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 12th, 2015
Blinding bolts of energy, evil lightning, shoot from the Emperor's hands at Luke.
- Starts with the radar dish blowing up and setting Endor ablaze, and ends with the Emperor telling Luke his skills are no match for...
- Nien Nunb laughing like an idiot.
- Force lightning!
- Animated by hand.
- Saying the minute numbers over 100 out loud makes this movie seem long.
- Callback to last week: Endor is highly flammable and the Rebels have no regard for the ultimate fate of Endor.
- Cartoony explosion tropes.
- ROTJ toy talk.
- How do they know instantly that the shield is down?
- Lando's catchphrase.
- Crazy cosplay at Star Wars Celebration.
- Angela Lansbury is the British equivalent of Bea Arthur.
- Force Lightning
- Luke is totally unprepared for the Force Lightning. Did Ben or Yoda not warn him at all?
- Mentioned: The Force doesn't exist, "Greased Lightning".
- Force Lighting facts.
- Is the Emperor backtracking here? It's a bittersweet moment because now he's stuck with Anakin.
- Mentioned: Darth Vader with Child Anakin's Voice.
- The most evil Sith would be named Darth Darth.
- Luke's Utility belt.
- Power converters, and going full circle.
- Sign up for Patreon.
- 26:38 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call. Gripping personal drama that occurred around the time this movie came out.
- Roy Sullivan is recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the person to be struck by lightning the most number of times. He survived being struck an incredible 7 times.
- Reddit thread on Force Lightning power and color.
- Meredith:...those are dynamite trees [...] it's gotta be true because I just said it right now.
- Pete: I do like the idea of Ewoks on fire running around doing a musical number for some reason.
- Alex: Just me and ol' "Sandy Drawers". (As Vader) Don't call me that. I hate sand!