Jedi Minute 118: Barada Is Detente
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 118)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 17th, 2015
The Rebel ships peel off pursued by three of the TIE's, while Lando and Wedge continue through the main tunnel.
- Starts with Wedge going in, and goes to Lando worrying that that was "too close".
- A bunch of spaceships flying in a shaft.
- Two new Rebel pilots.
- Wedge's real voice.
- Second appearance of the Falcon's headlights.
- Fake-out as we fly into the open shaft.
- Masterful camera control.
- The Falcon's radar dish gets knocked off.
- First time that the word "TIE fighter" is used.
- What is the hole that all the ships fly down for?
- It's ridiculous that the Falcon can fit inside the shaft, but we're glad to see it in action.
- Matte paintings in Star Wars movies.
- Nien Nunb's dialog.
- The Nien Nunb puppet. Mentioned: The ROTJ Rebel pilot cut footage.
- The strongest power source should be the main power generator. Unless it's the Emperor.
- Rebel pilots. Mentioned Star Wars Rebels
- Favorite Star Wars ships?
- Mentioned: Wrong show. Referenced: Mr Show - Monsters of Megaphone.
- How Simon Pegg's daughter saved Star Wars.
- Lando's promise that the Falcon wouldn't get a scratch.
- The pacing in Star Wars, especially when compared to modern movies
- Callback to Luke and Leia on the balcony.
- Learning the "proper" names for things from the toy commercials.
- Lando has taken over the role of Han Solo. He gets to drive the cool car.
- Setting up spin-offs because of contract disputes.
- Rachel and Songe will be back tomorrow.
- Support the Show on social media and with money.
- 33:29 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Jason in Denver. Imitating Lando's pronunciation of "too close".
- According to Wookieepedia, the Cloud car was an atmospheric vehicle, so they do not count as spaceships.
- When they brought up the number of actors to play Wedge on the big screen before, they determined there were a total of three, if you count Fake Wedge.
- The first time that the Falcon's headlights went on, the hosts didn't bring it up.
- This is the minute the hosts will reference when it is later revealed that the Falcon has a new radar dish in TFA.
- Songe: I am Songe Riddle, from "Russia with Love".
- Alex: (paraphrasing Sidney Poitier in In the Heat of the Night) They call me "Mister Ackbar!"
- Rachel: Speaking of pulling a knob...
- Rachel then Pete: (sounding very similar to the Mouse droid) "Phil Tippett. Tippett."
- Pete: "Simon Pegg made him shoot things." That defense is not going to hold up.
- Pete: What's his [Green 4's] name? "Steve Johnson"?