Star Wars Minute 21: You're My Only Hope
(Redirected from SWM 21)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 1st, 2013.
Minute 21 of Star Wars: While cleaning the droids, Luke finds a secret message.
- C-3PO's name is used for the first time.
- The rebellion against the Empire is mentioned for the first time since the crawl.
- C-3PO calls Luke "Sir Luke".
- Obi-wan Kenobi mentioned for the first time, which makes the video message even more mysterious.
- Human-cyborg relations sounds dirty; what it actually means.
- There seems to be something wrong with C-3PO's memory; he doesn't know who anyone is. Is he playing dumb, being deceitful, dispensing information carefully, trying to sound Luke out - or is it just his programming?
- C-3PO is actually dripping when he emerges from the oil bath. This means that Anthony Daniels was standing in the bath in the costume while performing this scene.
- C-3PO is suddenly (and magically) out of the bath and standing next to Luke. This is a production trick used with the droids quite often (i.e. not showing exactly how they get somewhere and just dropping them into the scene instead).
- Anthony mentions Luke's T-16 again (mentioned in the last podcast episode - SWM 20).
- Did R2-D2 start the video message on purpose? (As opposed to it being triggered by Luke while trying to scrape off the 'carbon scoring' and prying out the item that is jammed into R2-D2). In regards to the jammed item, Pete says that it may the disk from Leia, which Alex says is 'interesting', and they explore this issue in more detail in later podcast episodes.
- R2-D2 can record AND project hologram messages.
- C-3PO says he's not good at making stories interesting, but then entertains the Ewoks with a story about the trilogy in ROTJ. This adds credence to the theory that his memory was only recently wiped at this point in Star Wars. Or perhaps Luke upgraded C-3PO's story-telling software package.
- 13:36 podcast episode length.
- The simple structure of the movie - the droids lead to Luke which leads to Ben which leads to Han and Chewie etc...
- The 8-DAY-GREEDO hotline is mentioned for the first time. Please ring about things that happen far in advance.
- Anthony: Hi, and I'm Anthony - but you can call me Luke.
- Pete: Although I'm sure there's expanded universe stuff to contradict everything I just said.
- Alex: In regards to R2-D2 "He's a robot!".
- Alex: As C-3PO "Did I ever tell you about the time I programmed binary load lifters? It's awesome."
- Alex: Baby, I'm your 8 day Greedo.