Star Wars Minute 22: Warn Uncle
(Redirected from SWM 22)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 2nd, 2013.
Luke watches the message projected by R2-D2.
- Luke is startled and fascinated by the message.
- There is a real city in Tunisia called Tataouine. George Lucas used this as the inspiration for the name of the planet Tatooine.
- Luke thinks Leia is beautiful; he should just try to hook up with her. Maybe Luke's view reflects the fact that there are not many girls on Tatooine.
- C-3PO doesn't know or remember who Leia or Obi-Wan Kenobi are:
- In regards to Leia, this means that a) he's programmed to be dumb about Leia, b) he honestly doesn't know or c) his memory has recently been erased.
- In regards to Obi-Wan, C-3PO's memory was definitely erased at the end of episode 3 ("Sorry Pete").
- What was C-3PO about to say when Luke cut him off? "Our Captain was attached to..." Attached to what? Darth Vader's hand?
- 12:45 podcast episode length.
- Pete brings up old drafts of the screenplay / script in which:
- Tatooine was originally called Utapau (a name later used for a planet elsewhere in the Star Wars Universe).
- There was a holographic message to Luke (surname Starkiller at this point) from his brother Deak. Pete reads the text of the message (note - and it is brilliant!). Much of the text of the message forms the basis of Star Wars lore / EU now.
- George Lucas re-uses names in Star Wars between script versions all the time - people, places etc.
- Leia mentions Dantooine in a later minute and this confused Alex as a kid. Did she mean Tatooine?
- This will be discussed again later in minute 57 of Star Wars
- Theories from the late 1990s / early 2000s - Obi-Wan (or OB1) as a clone of Ben Kenobi or Uncle Owen. Or as Uncle Owen's brother.
- Anthony discusses his early experience with Star Wars:
- According to his sister (he doesn't remember, but he believes her) he saw it for the first time in a theater in Pine Springs in the Catskills.
- Apparently he sat on his cousin's lap and was 4 years old.
- It was in 1978 and was when the movie came back into theaters a year after its original release.
- He later had a bootleg copy of the movie in 1979-1980 and watched it a million times.
- Anthony definitely remembers seeing ESB and ROTJ in the theater.
- Pete discloses that he doesn't remember seeing ESB in the theater.
- Anthony: And this is Anthony and I have no podcast.
- Alex: After listening to an earlier draft of the script "Eugh! Is that what Star Wars sounds like to other people?" Pete: "I think so." Alex: "Alright, then this is clearly the last episode of the podcast."
- Anthony: Maybe your memory was erased.