Star Wars Minute 44: The Weak-Minded
(Redirected from SWM 44)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 1st, 2013.
Luke can't understand how they got by those troops (the Stormtrooper patrol).
- This minute starts with the final part of the Jedi mind-trick and ends with the team just about to enter the cantina.
- A Jawa covets the Landspeeder and is shooed away.
- There is a Dewback, a dome light droid (a lamp droid?) and a range of human extras in the background of this scene.
- Origin of the term Jedi mind-trick.
- Other things that Ben could have made the Stromtroopers say and do.
- Why didn't Ben just mind control the weak-minded Luke in the first place?
- Jawas being disgusting creatures (from C-3PO).
- What does it smell like? The Sandcrawler (WD-40 and poop).
- An insight into Ben's life. The minute they arrive at Mos Eisley he knows to head to the cantina because that's where all the pilots are. Does this mean that he makes regular trips off Tatooine?
- How Ben got to Tatooine and how he interacts with other beings on the planet.
- A pod in the background of the scene that looks like it comes from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Other pods used elsewhere in the Star Wars series.
- Stormtroopers as robots.
- Han Solo in the Empire, possibly as a Stormtrooper. Why Stormtroopers are so weak-minded.
- Stormtrooper clones in Star Wars and the EU story that the quality of the clones is degrading over time (i.e. a copy of a copy of a copy).
- Why is it called The Clone Wars? Shouldn't it be The Separatist War or something along those lines?
- Mars' experience of Star Wars, specifically the Prequels and The Clone Wars.
- What the term 'freighter pilot' means.
- R2-D2's waddling.
- Referenced: Jaws, 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 16:59 podcast episode length.
- Cold open - advertisement read for lessaccounting.com. (Note - the advertisement funding model for this podcast was not utilised for long and was ultimately superseded by the Patreon funding model.)
- Pete mentions that the movie cuts very nicely into one minute chunks (e.g. "45 minutes - boom! - the cantina").
- Pete: Yeah, either he's been out to other worlds or he's just into sailors.
- Pete: It'd be funny if we have the same thing here. (Note - they didn't.)
- Alex: We're filming this scene that takes place in a scive of hum and vill... <pause> Let me say that again.
- Pete: I'll meet you guys in the cantina.