Star Wars Minute 45: Wolfmen
(Redirected from SWM 45)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 2nd, 2013.
We meet a lot of crazy creatures in the Mos Eisley cantina.
- The famous cantina scene.
- This sequence was dramatically changed in the Special Edition (e.g. all were-wolves were digitally erased).
- Crazy laughing Devils appear in this scene.
- Some of the creature costumes were left-overs from other productions (e.g. werewolves).
- When and where this scene was actually filmed.
- The various creatures on display (and their names).
- The editing, lighting and sound deserve a lot of credit for making this scene work.
- Was that one creature drinking something through a straw OR smoking 'something' through a pipe?
- Comparing this scene to Jabba's Palace in ROTJ. This scene is more believable - the characters seem to have more purpose to them.
- The cantina as a taxi stop.
- The music adds to the overall upbeat, real-life feel of the cantina.
- A costume error with one creature (the "mousey" creature) whereby you can see through the eye-holes in their mask.
- Not serving droids in the bar, when they seem to serve everyone and everything else in the galaxy.
- Losing jobs to droids, and general droid hate, in Star Wars.
- Droid heads used as 'bottles' behind the bar.
- Ben talking to a pilot (the famous BoShek) and Chewbecca. Pete emphasises that BoShek is one of the most important characters in the movie. Without him introducing Ben and Han Solo the adventure doesn't happen.
- How Ben, Chewbacca and Han Solo know BoShek.
- BoShek's flight suit, plus the astronaut in the scene.
- The cantina band. Their race is Bith and the band's name is 'Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes'.
- Greedo and his shiny eyes.
- Referenced: "The Muppet Show", the wedding from The Godfather
- 21:12 podcast episode length.
- Alex calls the characters in this scene 'monsters' whereas Pete calls them 'creatures'.
- Alex: A room full of rubber monsters and funny music.
- Mars: The music could be a lot worse. Alex: Well, it does get a lot worse.
- Mars: May The Force Be With You.