Star Wars Minute 63: Turn the Ship Around
(Redirected from Star Wars 63)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 28th, 2013
As the battered pirate starship is towed closer to the awesome metal moon, the immense size of the massive battle station becomes staggering.
- That's no moon; that's a space station
- First "I have a bad feeling about this." Said by Luke.
- How do they know how big the Death Star is? In space it's hard to judge scale.
- Ben must have great eyesight.
- The Death Star should put in a public park system.
- The Star Wars Drinking Game.
- Mentioned: Redshirts in Star Trek.
- Having a good feeling about things for a change.
- Alec Guinness' great acting in this scene.
- Especially considering he's looking at nothing (or even worse, a softball on a stick), and not knowing what Star Wars would eventually become.
- Good actors in bad genre films.
- Mentioned: The Last Starfighter
- If they had escaped the before getting caught in the tractor beam, where would they go?
- Han makes Chewie flip a switch that's right in front of him.
- Similar to if Han was driving a car and had Chewie flip on his turn signal for him.
- 22:22 podcast episode length
- For a more detailed discussion of the size of the Death Star, see Minute 56
- Callback to: Five Days' Worth of Sunlight
- Damon: "And I'm Damon from <BLEEP> dot com." Pete: "Oh... we're gonna have to bleep that out."
- Alex: (as deputy director of Death Star Parks and Recreation department) "While we're on the subject, I need some more money for some planters..."
- Pete "That's true—maybe he's a dog."
- Pete: "Take yourself out of... out of Star Wars for a sec. Just picture—" Alex: "Wait a minute, what? I don't understand"