Star Wars Minute 61: Your First Step Into a Larger World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 26th, 2013
The Falcon comes out of hyperspace to find that Alderaan's been totally blown away.
- After exactly an hour of movie, an alarm goes off and act 2 starts.
- The guy who reports to Tarkin that the base on Dantooine was deserted (the character is Officer Cass) gives an extremely flat performance.
- Blooper: Vader keeps gesturing after he's finished talking - the dubbed lines don't match up with the acting.
- Shoutout to Alex's Alec Guinness impression
- If Ben was controlling the situation, then Luke is experiencing the placebo effect when he feels The Force.
- Obi-Wan as a cult leader
- Is that the conference room or Tarkin's personal office?
- Why so many guys with guns hanging around in the Death Star?
- Tarkin keeps getting fooled by Leia.
- How does hyperspace work? They don't impact the remains of Alderaan until they drop to sublight.
- Maybe only objects with sufficient gravity (stars, supernovae, etc.) can affect ships in hyperspace.
- Referenced: Tron, Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Re-hash of the discussion about Leia's moral calculus from minute 57
- Tarkin orders Leia be terminated immediately, but what does "immediately" actually mean in the Empire?
- 13:43 podcast episode length
- This is Damon's second appearance on the show
- Last time he promised to be from somewhere, but we'll have to wait for his third appearance for that.
- Although not named, SWM-Canon is discussed:
- Han is a cold-blooded murderer
- Obi-Wan is a manipulative conniving jerk and Luke is a gullible sucker.
- Damon: "...And I'm Damon, and I'm still not from anything."
- Pete: (to Damon) "Have you seen the movie?"
- Damon: "Blasters at every doorway."
- Pete: (as Leia to Tarkin) "YOU STINK!"
- Pete: "Flying through a roll of toilet paper."
- Alex: (As Captain Jean-Luc Picard) "Make it so, Mr. La Forge."
- Alex: (as Leia) "They're on Dantooine. Can I just send a quick email before I go back to my cell?"