Phantom Menace Minute 81: The Ric Olie Letdown
(Redirected from TPM 81)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 14th, 2016 (Pi day!)
The spacecraft flies over the endless cityscape of Coruscant, the capital of the galaxy.
- Starts with Padmé telling Anakin that she doesn't need his Japor snippet.
- Ends with them arriving at Coruscant.
- This scene is a weird mix of maternal and romantic.
- Ric Olié's big line: "Coruscant: the entire planet is one big city".
- When we first see Senator Palpatine, he's in the shadows.
- Padmé should be doing all of her lines with a Nemoidian accent.
- Chris was excited to have someone from Long Island (Natalie Portman) cast as the Queen, but was disappointed in her performance.
- Callback to Phantom Menace Minute 57: The Fart Itself.
- It's unrealistic that Padmé (a 14-year-old queen) would be at all interested in Anakin (a 9-year-old) no matter how cool he was.
- Anakin almost never changes his clothes; he must stink.
- The Ric Olié letdown
- Chris got the Ric Olié action figure before the movie came out.
- There was a lot of hype about the character and he turned out to be a big letdown.
- They were hoping Ric Olié would become the Boba Fett of this movie.
- Ric Olié's Captain Obvious routine.
- Reminiscent of when the Simpsons visit New York.
- Coruscant facts.
- Birthplace of humanity in the Star Wars universe.
- Referenced: Mummenschanz.
- Comes from Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire.
- Ring theory? Minutes 80 and 83 of Empire and Jedi, respectively feature landing ships.
- Did George Lucas make the Special Editions so that the timing would line up better?
- Before the Prequels, Chris loved George Lucas and supported him unconditionally.
- Will Chris come back tomorrow? Hopefully.
- 26:47 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Bert in Connecticut. His sons were reading Good Night Darth Vader, and yelled Sebulba! when they got to that part.
- Chris was adamant that the hosts were making a big mistake by covering The Prequels, so it's surprising that he agreed to come on this season.
- This minute in particular is the one that he signed on for.
- The "Phantom Menaissance" is on hold this week.
- Valorum's shuttle was a Eddicus-class planetary shuttle.
- Chris: <grumbling, and under his breath> ...and I'm Chris Radtke...
- Pete: (as Padmé To Anakin) You're like a carnival prize.
- Chris: <Sound of Chris throwing himself off the landing platform>.