Last Jedi Minute 69: A Fathom of Fathiers
(Redirected from The Last Jedi 69)Jump to navigation Jump to search
May 6th, 2021
Finn & Rose continue their fanthier rampage through the streets of Canto Bight and the dreams of guest commentator Tony Consiglio!
- Starts with the fathiers kicking vehicles around as they run amok, ends with a cop telling his friend to let the herd go and to stay on the perps ("cop-talk").
- Weird POV shot.
- You can see the detail of the four parking tickets stuck to the ship's window.
- Although a police chase, it hasn't become a shootout. Maybe the cops are worried about hitting the racehorses.
- Mentioned: Moons over Iego.
- Although the jockeys wear elaborate silks, the fathiers don't have any kind of hats or numbers or anything.
- Shots that might have been cut but were left in for the 3D showing.
- Pete used to have a 3D TV. Maybe he'll find a way to convert the movie to watch it in 3D on the Oculus.
- It's amazing that Finn can remember where they parked their car,especially in all the chaos. Maybe this is an early sign of his Force powers.
- Repeat of the gag from The Force Awakens of running towards a ship and then it getting blown up. It would have been better if the fathiers themselves destroyed their ship.
- Our hosts' experiences with parking enforcement.
- Tony's dad was angry that it cost $50 on top of the cost of the movie tickets to go see Home Alone since he had to pay to get the boot removed.
- Mentioned: Homer Simpson trying to drive the car with the boot on.
- Pete has had to retrieve his car from the impound lot several times. Or they moved your car because of some event without telling you, but on the flip side you get immunity from parking tickets for like a week.
- What is the collective noun of fathers? It should be something alliterative.
- A phantom of fathiers or a fathom of fathiers.
- The "fathier Menace". A menace of fathiers.
- Today's fathier name report: Solar promenade.
- What else you might name a goathound racehorse.
- Plug for http://starwarsminute.com/toco
- 19:54 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call. This scene would be improved with the addition of the Force ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi (the Obi-ghost) as the fathiers come crashing through.
- Referenced: the Holy Trinity.
- The piece of horse tack that Pete is referring to (the racehorse headgear) is known as a blinker hood.
- In 1990 (the year that Home Alone came out) the average movie ticket price was $4.22 (the equivalent of $8.11 in 2019) .
- Users on the old school SWMLS board brainstormed some ideas for the collective names for fathiers, porgs, and other Star Wars creatures.
- Racehorses (and conventions for naming them) have been brought up before on the show. If fathier names follow the rules of Earth horse naming then both Chipwich Hopscotch and Treadwell's Joy would be valid names as they are each at or below 18 characters.
- Tony , and then Pete: ...the Secretariat of goathounds.
- Alex: Whenever something like that happens I just say "a wizard did it."
- Alex: (paraphrasing Doc Brown) where they're going they don't need Rose. Pete: What, you mean The Rise of Skywalker?
- Audio only