Phantom Menace Minute 21: Dinotopia
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 21)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 21st, 2015
The Colo claw fish leaps after the fleeing sub as it shoots out of the tunnel and into the waiting jaws of the Sando aqua monster.
- Starts with Jar Jar screaming incomprehensibly, ends with Amidala staring out the window.
- Trailer shot.
- We're no longer afraid of saying the name of the Naboo moive.
- Ralph weighs in on what "the phantom menace" actually is.
- Sea orphans.
- Mentioned: What is that in Enterprises?, Godzilla size.
- Qui-Gon's "Vulcan neck pinch".
- Jar Jar/Ahmed Best behind the scenes cosplay.
- Comparisons of Jar Jar with Roger Rabbit.
- Theed doesn't look like people actually live there or they're actually being invaded.
- Differences from the original draft.
- The planet was called Utapau (later reused) and the city was called Oxon.
- The UCB "Titular line in Star Wars" sketch.
- Shoutout to John Williams and the great martial "invasion music".
- Amidala's glow globes dress. Is it powered by:
- Bioluminescent plankton?
- The obvious cord you can see running from it?
- 26:51 podcast episode length.
- Cold Open: No ad this week because it's the holidays.
- Cuke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Cannoli are from Grocery Store Wars
- The capital city of Dinotopia (which is the name of the island) is Sauropolis.
- The critters that cause the bioluminescence in the Dino Pet toys are called Dinoflagellates.
- This episode starts off a rare week where the episode numbers and the release dates line up. In fact, this is the only time this has happened up to now.
- Ralph: Our El Guapo happens to be the real El Guapo.
- Ralph: These aren't the robots that you wanted to find. That's a direct quote.
- Ralph: The fork can have a strong influence on certain foods.
- Ralph: That's hilarious. You can tell by how hard I'm laughing.
- Ralph: ...like an occupation force. Like you would get in sort of a—not to put to fine a point on it—like a "star war".
- Pete: Please, save your plankton.