Phantom Menace Minute 30: The Garb of a Moisture Farmer
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 30)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 1st, 2016.
The Naboo spacecraft lands in the desert in a swirl of dust.
- Starts with Jar Jar apologizing then asking "whosa are yousa?", and ends with the ship landing near the outskirts of Mos Espa.
- We arrive on Tatooine.
- They could have landed anywhere on the planet. Why there?
- When they find out Watto won't sell them the hyperdrive, they could have flown to another settlement to try their luck there.
- More Captain Ric "Obvious" Olié.
- Jar Jars recap of the story so far.
- Comparison to plot drops in the Original Trilogy.
- More on the deleted subplot of Naboo-Gungan tension.
- Jar Jar kind of works in this context (just talking to another person).
- Natalie Portman's acting.
- She's uncomfortable, and the director isn't giving her anything.
- Does anyone else know about the Amidala ruse?
- Space luggage.
- More wig talk.
- Referenced: Home Alone
- Qui-Gon's poncho
- Where did he get it? Maybe the Queen keeps outfits like this on her ship to play dress-up.
- Shoutout(?): to Ben Burtt
- Referenced: Podrace engine sounds.
- Ring Theory: Minute 30 of ROTJ has Luke's line "I used to live here, you know."
- 24:19 podcast episode length.
- Natalie Portman would have been around 17–18 when this was filmed.
- George Lucas had not directed in the 22 years since he worked on Star Wars.
- The communicator / midi-chlorian tester is most visible in minute 51.
- The question of whether it was the actor Alec Guinness or the character of Obi-Wan is now answered and part of SWM-Canon
- Pete: ...we analyze, scrutinize, and grabben dat Jedis...
- Pete: You weren't ready for the Binks?
- Matt: Wait, he eats a brisky morning munchen just like I do.
- Matt: Great Caesar's Jar Jar!
- Alex: (as the Queen) Look! I'm a peasant! <laughing>