Phantom Menace Minute 36: A Hat on a Hat on a Hat
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 36)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 11th, 2016
Anakin lets out a “yipee” and runs out the back.
- Starts with Watto lamenting the Outlander's opinion of his lot in life, and ends with Jar Jar noticing some delicious street food.
- Watto butt.
- Rodian in a rugby shirt.
- The Phantom Menace trailer psyched us all up / out.
- Anakin's delivery of his Huttese lines.
- Anakin's relationship with Watto, and the type of duties Watto has for him.
- A Tatooine slave's life doesn't seem that bad. Slavery on Tatooine may be different than the type of slavery in our world.
- It's a shame that Ewan McGregor is so underused, and that Obi-Wan is stuck on the ship.
- Paul thinks the problem with Jar Jar is that he has a combination of CGI, crazy voice, and weird body language all at once. It's like a hat on a hat on a hat.
- Take any one away, and it's no longer too much.
- It leans too hard into comic relief.
- Referenced: The Phantom Edit.
- Buy Alex's book!
- 19:02 podcast episode length.
- Paul has a habit of not waiting for the hosts to finish the framing of the minute.
- He also has a sandwich that he is eating all this week. He will apologize for this on his next appearance.
- Pete is a big fan of The Music Man.
- Alex: Boy, I'd hate to be someone who had to sit through a bad movie...
- Pete: (as Liam Neeson) Yeah, "Star Wars" me!
- Paul: Look, I'm pro-slavery, anti-Hitler.
- Paul: Yeah yeah the whole pie's bad.
- Pete: That's how I caught the Watto butt.