Attack of the Clones Minute 81: Aggressively Emotive
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 6th, 2017
ANAKIN stands outside the hut door. His face is a grim mask. The CHILD stares, then there is a FLASH OF LIGHT as Anakin's lightsaber switches on.
- Starts with Shmi's head flopping back in death and ends with Mace Windu
entering the roomentering a completely different room.
- Unusual wipe from Tatooine to Yoda's office.
- Female native Tatooiners.
- Paul promises not to eat any sandwiches this time.
- The Phantom Menace poster of Anakin with Darth Vader's shadow.
- Hayden is playing to the back row; it's the James Dean school of acting.
- Who might have done a better job in this role.
- Leonardo DiCaprio turning down the role.
- Actors who escape from Star Wars with charisma intact.
- Seeing the future through the Force doesn't ever help anything.
- Yoda playing Force voicemails. He's experiencing time out of sync. Mentioned Arrival (2016).
- George Lucas as a filmmaker vs. as a director. He pushed the technical achievement envelope without advancing his "actor directing".
- Bruce Willis not understanding why people like Die Hard. Mentioned: Indiana Jones.
- The Star Wars first story treatment. Lucas needs collaborators.
- "Computer assistance" in every frame of the movie.
- Wipes in Star Wars.
- There is a good movie somewhere within all three Prequels.
- Mentioned: The Hobbit trilogy.
- Phantom Edits.
- Mentioned: Bernard Herman and Hitchcock.
- Support the Show.
- 20:36 podcast episode length.
- The "office" is actually Yoda's personal quarters.
- Pete: Like "here, I made a cake, help me with the frosting" vs. like "hey, help me make a cake".