Phantom Menace Minute 37: Nothing Is Going On
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 37)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 12th, 2016
Jar Jar opens his mouth in surprise, and the frog snaps away, ricochets around the market, and lands in Sebulba's soup, splashing him.
- Starts with Jar Jar tonguing some food, and ends with Anakin explaining about Dugs.
- She is a Swokes Swokes (her species) and works as a Gorgmonger (gorgs are the amphibians she sells).
- She never does get paid for the Gorg that Jar Jar tried to steal.
- We meet Sebulba.
- Voiced by Lewis MacLeod.
- To Paul, this scene encapsulates everything that is wrong with this movie.
- This isn't a very intimidating way to introduce Sebulba.
- Referenced: The Three Stooges
- Much like Bruce Willis doesn't understand why people like "Die Hard", George Lucas doesn't understand why people love Star Wars.
- The extras in this movie are bad—they have nothing to react to since most of the backgrounds and characters around them are entirely CG.
- The reason it looks like nothing is going on is that nothing is going on.
- What racist accent would they have given Sebulba if he spoke English?
- Southern US?
- The actor who voiced him is Scottish.
- 11:37 podcast episode length.
- Ad-read: plug for Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition by "Pete The Retailer"
- The comment about Bruce Willis not understanding Die Hard will come up again, also on a Paul Scheer episode.
- Gorgs are also called "chubas" in Huttese. Jabba is seen eating a chuba during the podrace. The boomerang-shaped head makes them resemble a real fossil amphibian called Diplocaulus.
- "Gorg" is also the name of the giant characters from "Fraggle Rock".
- Paul: UGGH to this scene.