Phantom Menace Minute 98: Battle Hardened
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 98)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 6th, 2016
Anakin stands next to the pilot, Ric Olié, pointing to various buttons and gauges.
- Starts with Nute telling Sidious that they've taken over three last pockets of primitive lifeforms, and ends with one of those very same primitive lifeforms being summoned by the Queen.
- Return of Captain Obvious.
- The walk-and-talk.
- Strange blocking in the Prequels. Unnatural, "stagey".
- The crab chair/hologram projector.
- People performing activities of daily life in Star Wars.
- Anagrams and naming bad guys after film critics.
- Callback to Phantom Menace Minute 90: Grebleips.
- Things will "stay as they are" in the Senate.
- Mentioned: Chancellor Zod.
- The Nemoidians are really surprised to be meeting Jedi and/or Sith face-to-face.
- Maybe that's how they feel about all their guests.
- People in Star Wars are informal with language.
- This scene would be a good place to show the Nemoidians as an occupying force, wrecking things and stealing artwork as physical evidence of the invasion.
- Ring theory: Qui-Gon saying he can't fight a war for the Queen parallels minute 98 of ROTJ, where the Ewoks start fighting a war for the Rebellion.
- The idea that the Jedi are not supposed to get involved in this movie goes out the window by the end of the Trilogy.
- Panaka and Olié fill the same role sometimes, and could have been fused into one character.
- Panaka as Mr. Negative—Listener project: put all of Panaka's dialog into a reel.<done!>
- Boba Fett's surprise "cult character" status.
- How can robots be 'battle-hardened' ?
- Maybe it's a brand: Battle-Hard'n™.
- 23:20 podcast episode length.
- Star Wars Rebels breaks new ground. In one episode Wedge really needs to use the Refresher.
- At the time this episode aired, Will Shortz was the puzzle master at the New York Times. (Probably is still).
- Although at the time this episode was recorded, Alex didn't seriously believe in Ring Theory, he has since come around.
- 'Negging' has been brought up before.
- Pete: (as Ric Olié) I'm flying the ship.
- Alex: They should have had a scene where Ric Olié [speaking to Panaka] was like, "Boy, you're really negative!" (as Panaka) "No I'm not!"