Attack of the Clones Minute 52: Close the Door
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 24th, 2017.
Jango Fett comes in from the bedroom. He wears a jumpsuit.
- Starts with a door closing as Obi-Wan enters the Fett apartment, and ends with a door closing behind Boba Fett after he poorly tries to hide his father's armor.
- First appearance of Temuera Morrison (unmasked) as Jango Fett.
- Daniel Logan as Boba Fett.
- "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."
- Mentioned: Now Pete has to buy the domain.
- The armor is right there, it would be hard for Obi-Wan to miss it.
- The noir feel of this scene.
- It's a breath of fresh air to have a scene with minimal dialog between two skilled actors.
- How much does each of the characters know about the other?
- Listener Projects: Edit together all of the Obi-Wan on Kamino scenes and convert to high contrast black and white (à la a classic '40s noir film).
- Trying to edit the Prequels down into one two-hour movie.
- Temuera Morrison facts.
- Second-tier Star Wars characters and their recognizability.
- A brief history of baldness.
- As a ten-year-old, does Boba Fett ever leave Kamino?
- Yes, Jango is training his son to follow in his footsteps and taking him on some of his missions.
- Referenced: Gremlins 2: The New Batch.
- Does merging the noir sensibility with Star Wars work? Maybe they should have leaned into it more.
- Alex likes that Lucas as movie lover is trying out different styles.
- Shoutouts to Lawrence Kasdan.
- Is this the A-plot or the B-plot? It's not clear.
- The sense with the Prequels that everything is predetermined, like a train on a track.
- Ahsoka as the best character from the Clone Wars cartoon because her fate is not certain.
- More script changes.
- Callback to the typo that spawned Sifo-Dyas.
- "Boba, close the door" in English.
- Matt shares the story of he and his son dressing as Jango and Boba for Halloween.
- 26:34 podcast episode length.
- Former guest of the show Jim O'Kane answered the call to create an Obi-Wan noir film, complete with voice-over taken from The Firesign theater.
- A New Zealander listener noticed the guys were having trouble pronouncing the Australian and New Zealander names of some of the actors in this movie, so she called in to 8-DAY-GREEDO to give us the scoop.
- Temuera Morrison played Azazello in The Island of Dr. Moreau.
- Jango Fett claimed to have been born on the Mandalorian homeworld of Concord Dawn, which would suggest that he was speaking the Mandalorian language to Boba, however it has been retconned that Jango and Boba are not Mandalorians, and merely wear their armor. The written form of Mando'a does appear on Slave I in AOTC.
- The novelization states that Jango is speaking an invented code language that only he and Boba understand. Other sources suggest this is Huttese.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/amazon
- Matt: I'm Matt Belknap from Never Not Funny the podcast, and also the website. Dot com. Pete: And alsothewebsite.com
- Alex: The only thing that's missing is a dame. Pete: What, you don't like Taun We?
- Alex: [Re: Taun We] I've never seen a dame with less curves.
- Alex: Will Chase 4 Money.
- Pete: More Temuera Morrison tomorrow.