Star Wars Minute 62: Humanitarian Relief Area
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 27th, 2013
The Falcon comes out of hyperspace to find that Alderaan's been totally blown away.
- Interesting cinematography for the Falcon chasing the TIE fighter.
- Ominous music plays when Han says that they're almost in range.
- Han accepts that Alderaan has been destroyed rather quickly, but how does he know it was "totally blown away"?
- Obi-Wan was originally written as a slicker, more streetwise character, rather than the wise stodgy old man that Alec Guinness portrays.
- More "James Bond" and less "Mr. Miyagi".
- The original characterization comes through in this scene, as Ben knows everything that is going on.
- Chewbacca is wearing a headset. Other than Han, who is he speaking to?
- The Falcon seems pretty close to the imperial fighter. How is it out of range?
- Guns on the Falcon
- Is the TIE fighter a lure for ships coming to Alderaan?
- Destroying Alderaan would have severely disrupted space traffic in the sector, creating a logistical nightmare.
- Similar to if one were to remove John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- If the Death Star scooped up all the stranded ships coming to Alderaan, it would have helped with the public relations problems inherent in destroying planets.
- Similar to BP after the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Maybe there's a waiting area for people whose planets have been destroyed.
- Referenced: Yakety Sax, the theme from "Benny Hill".
- 12:30 podcast episode length
- When Damon eventually did start that website, it actually was an ".io" site. The top-level domain country code ".io" stands for the British Indian Ocean Territory 1.
- Pete: "The skeleton of Alderaan."
- Pete: "We're in the Death Star." "Oh thank goodness you're safe!"